Dental Hygiene is critical for an overall good health. Here is our list of 10 awesome tips you can follow very easily in your day to day life.
- Brushing daily twice a day – While it may be obvious that brushing twice daily is the most basic thing required for dental hygiene however you would be surprised that many people don’t do it. Most people brush only once a day. It is important that one brushes even at night cause food stuck in teeth after the lovely dinner is feast for the germs.
- Flossing – flossing is as important as brushing. Most people again neglect flossing. It removes plaque and the food stuck between the teeth and also stimulates the gums.
- Use a mouthwash – Rinsing your mouth with water is great but not always enough. Use a mouthwash. Not only does using a mouth wash prevent bad breath but also it can go in places that the toothbrush or floss cannot. Mouthwashes remove acid in the mouth that cause tooth decay.
- Don’t eat sugary stuff – The candies and sodas can be very harmful for the teeth, they break down in the mouth producing acids that can cause cavities. So limit your intake of such substances.
- Too much tea and coffee can also wear down the tooth enamel. Enamel is the outer covering of your teeth and one of the hardest substances in the human body. While you can continue to enjoy tea and coffee occasionally however too much of anything is always harmful.
- Cleaning your tongue is an important aspect of dental hygiene. Use a tongue scraper to clean it. Cleaning it daily can help remove bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Avoid tobacco, smoking and alcohol. Consuming tobacco and smoking are main culprits behind oral cancer. Too much alcohol is known to cause gum disease and tooth decay.
- Eat crunchy food like fruits and veggies that have natural vitamins and fiber for good dental health. Also consume products with calcium like milk, yogurt and cheese. Calcium makes your teeth stronger.
- Make sure to clean your brush and let it air dry. Also ensure proper hygiene of flossing and tongue scraper will ensure your efforts at dental hygiene don’t go waste.
- Last but not the least visit your dentist on a regular basis. It is important so that any dental problem is detected and cured at the right time before it becomes a problem for you.
We hope these awesome tips help you maintain good dental health. Contact us at 682-213-4114 for an appointment to know more. All major insurance plans accepted.